Dear DA Abroad member,
This past weekend in Tshwane, the DA’s final Federal Council of 2017 took place – this is the Party’s highest decision-making body and the agenda comprised of a number of pressing matters concerning the country and the Party.
Most importantly, the “Road to 2019” is now well and truly underway. According to our polling, the ANC remains around the 50% mark nationally and faces the possibility of electoral defeat in the 2019 national elections. The people of South Africa have shown that they are finished with the ANC, and are ready for a new beginning under a DA-led national coalition government.
In order to prepare for national government, the DA has officially begun the process of crafting a new fleet of policy offers aimed at creating jobs and opportunity – especially for the youth, cutting corruption, and ultimately restoring hope for our country and its people.
As the DA Abroad we are also gearing up for the 2019 National Election campaign, putting teams and structures in place to ensure we are able to deliver critical votes for the Party. You can be a part of that team that brings change to South Africa!
We are excited to announce the schedule for the DA Abroad Country Representative Elections for 2017, as well as the procedures for these elections.
As a DA Abroad member, you are hereby invited to participate in these elections, either by voting or by making yourself available for a DA Abroad position. All DA Abroad members who were members as of 23 October 2017, will be able to vote in the first stage of these elections. Members of DA Abroad who are members at the time of the submission of nominations can make themselves available to be elected to any DA Abroad position. A link to the relevant nomination forms will be sent in a separate circular to follow.
The political landscape in South Africa is experiencing a dramatic shift with the DA currently taking the lead as the main opposition party and government in waiting. This is your opportunity to get involved in our country’s future.
DA Abroad 2017 Internal Election Stages
- National Organising Committee and Country Representative Elections
- Regional Forum Elections
National Organising Committee and Country Representative Election Schedule
- 24 October 2017 – Nominations open for all country-level electable positions
- 29 October 2017, 23:59 – Nominations close
- 10 November 2017 – Elections commence (online only)
- 12 November 2017, 23:59 – Elections close
- 14 November 2017 – Election results are determined and ratified
- 15 November 2017 – AGMs are held and National Organising Committee election results announced. Country Representatives are informed of their election
- 17 November 2017 – All country level election results are published and the Regional Forum election schedule is confirmed.
For details on the procedures for Stage 1 of the DA Abroad 2017 Internal Elections please visit the following pages on our website:
For any questions about the DA Abroad 2017 Internal Elections please email Xolile Japie at firstname.lastname@example.org.